Terms of Service
We've tried hard to balance clarity with brevity in this document. If you're unsure about any part of it, please contact us as we're pleased to answer your questions.
- By creating an account you are entering into an agreement with Photo Friday to which you will be bound until and unless you remove your content and close your account. We will revise these terms from time to time, and when we do, we will notify account holders in advance of changes.
- All content contributed to Photo Friday by any site visitor or account holder remains the full copyright, and the sole responsibility, of its creator.
- Photo Friday is not for storing private photos. Most content contributed to this site will be publicly accessible.
- You agree that all content contributions you make to Photo Friday will be legal material, your own creation and a creation whose rights you own, and that you will not infringe the copyright of others.
- Until and unless you remove your content from our servers, you grant Photo Friday a fully paid worldwide license to use and publicly display your content as it relates to the services provided by Photo Friday.
The content you post here has to be your own work. You'll continue to retain full ownership and copyright over your work, but while you have it on—or link to it from—Photo Friday, you agree that we're allowed to share it with the world. (We assume you're sharing content through Photo Friday with the desire that it be seen by people around the world, and our job is to help people discover your shared content.)
- Photo Friday reserves the right to suspend access to, or remove entirely, any content submitted to the website by any site visitor or account holder at any time, for any reason, without notice or liability.
- Photo Friday reserves the right to determine when site visitor or account holder actions constitute misuse or abuse of its services, and to take whatever actions are necessary to stop and prevent such misuse.
Only share content that would be appropriate for a diverse (especially in terms of age) audience to see, and don't abuse the servers or services Photo Friday provides, or engage in actions or activities that result in a hostile, unfriendly, or unfair environment for any site members or visitors. Photo Friday alone determines when content is unsuited to our community, and we will suspend or remove it as necessary.
- You agree to have no more than one account on Photo Friday. If you have lost control of your account, please contact us for assistance.
- You agree that you will not engage in or solicit, employ, or otherwise enter into any kind of agreement with any individual or party for the purposes of manipulating your own—or any account holder's—subscriber totals, content view counts, comment counts, or any metric or ranking on the site.
Participation in any form of artificial manipulation ("gaming") of any account or content contribution metric will be considered a violation of these Terms of Service and can result in account suspension, termination, and/or removal of all contributed content.
- Individuals wishing to create an account must do so with a valid and current email address.
- Photo Friday reserves the right to email account holders with account related notices, such as an initial account creation confirmation, password reset requests, etc., but rest assured you will never be automatically subscribed to any non-account related mailers.
- Photo Friday will not share your email address with anyone, unless required to do so by law.
- Photo uploads may be automatically adjusted by our scripts, but only in ways to conserve server space and network traffic costs, or to make photos conform to certain dimensions or aspect ratios for use as thumbnails, etc. Because of this, we urge you not to delete your original photos from your computer, phone or tablet, as the technical image quality or final dimensions of photos after being uploaded to Photo Friday may differ from their originals.
- If you find that your copyrighted creation is appearing on Photo Friday without your consent, please contact us.
- We use browser cookies to keep track when account holders are logged in, and in other situations where using cookies makes the site easier for visitors. It is very easy to inspect (or clear) the content of the cookies we store in your browser. Do a google search for that if you're curious. Disabling cookies may result in the site becoming unusable to you.
- We store information about your connection to Photo Friday, such as your IP address and timestamps of activities that visitors and account holders engage in.
Cookies are an unavoidable fact of life on the internet, especially on sites that let people create accounts. We keep the kinds of information about your connection to a minimum; just enough to help us keep the site working smoothly.
- Ultimately, the information we collect from you and about you is used to help you find great content on our site, content that we think you will enjoy. We want the time you spend on Photo Friday, both sharing and engaging with content and members of our community, to be time well spent. On the practical side, information we collect also helps us manage the site's technical resources and optimize the responsiveness of the site. This comes back to wanting to provide you with the greatest amount of value possible, since your experiences with us and within our community is everything to us.
- If you come to feel we are not being good stewards of your best interests, we hope you will contact us, as we will very much want to hear from you.
This document was last updated on August 5, 2016